Children love toys, period. Their bright colors, interesting shapes and odd sizes attract every baby’s attention.
Wood vs. Plastic toys;
Kids couldn't care less about whether wood or plastic toys are better for them, they can get amused by simply any object. Wood toys are known to be way safer to use then plastic, although there are a few things parents need to consider before buying wood toys. Wood toys have a far better lasting quality then plastic and are known to be way safer as well.
Here are a few things to look for when buying good quality wood toys:
- Hardwood such as maple, this makes sure that the wood does not splinter.
- The surface of the toy should be flat and smooth.
- The color of the toy should not have a strong scent.
- Small parts of the toy should not come off easily, because this can cause choking hazard.
Additionally, you should always make sure that the wood toys that you purchase are free of toxins and have a safety proof seal or sticker on it. Purchasing from companies that are known to have a positive reputation for safe and good quality toys are important things to look at.
Here are some popular wood toys that you might want to consider buying:
- Teething rings
- If your baby is older than 6 months, toys such as, little cars and playhouses are very popular.
- Wood blocks and blocks on stings that make noises.